
I chewed, but I did not swallow; kind of like, Bill Clinton saying he did not inhale. :) My husband grilled chicken tonight and I thought what would be the harm of chewing, not swallowing and spitting out the remains. I had about 8 chewed (not swallowed bites). It was the most DELICIOUS chewing I have ever experienced. :) Am I the only one that has ever done that? :)
So far feeling good...still lots of r&r, but getting about an hour walking in total each day. The local library had a book sale $5 for a bag, so I stocked up on lots of junk romantic reading that is keeping me highly entertained. We have been renting a movie a night and having a few rounds of family games. The 17 year old is great at whomping our butts at penny poker.
Example diet so far:
1/2 cup Cream of Wheat (lot of skim milk and 2 tbsp nonfat milk added)
So far feeling good...still lots of r&r, but getting about an hour walking in total each day. The local library had a book sale $5 for a bag, so I stocked up on lots of junk romantic reading that is keeping me highly entertained. We have been renting a movie a night and having a few rounds of family games. The 17 year old is great at whomping our butts at penny poker.
Example diet so far:
1/2 cup Cream of Wheat (lot of skim milk and 2 tbsp nonfat milk added)
1/2 cup SF Carnation breakfast (1 tbsp nonfat milk added)
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup creamed, strained soup (I add sprinkles of shredded Mozzarella cheese and let it melt in...this is over the top delish) - Soup 2 x a day
1/3 cup of SF pudding with skim milk added and 1 tbsp non fat milk)
Then about 32 - 40 oz of water. My tummy can't hold more than that yet.
Then about 32 - 40 oz of water. My tummy can't hold more than that yet.
I did have a summer school teaching position that was supposed to start June 7 (10 teachers) and they called on Friday and said they finalized enrollments and they were down and therefore were cutting 2 positions. Since I was the lowest one on the totem pole (we just moved to the area last year), I was one of the first cuts. They said I would be on standby in case there were surprise enrollments the first day. I was disappointed at first, less spending money with kids this summer, but we will make do and have more time to chill.
Now that I'm an official bandster, I need to look into attending the BOOBS event in September if it is not too late. I just live about an hour north of Chicago, so it would be easy to attend. Who do I need to contact and what do I need to do for now? It will be fun to meet everyone in person!
Hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend with family and friends!
Hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend with family and friends!


You sound like you are doing fantastic and keeping up your spirits despite the disappointment about the job! Now you'll have more time to look after you and focus on your goals for the time being. Trying to look on the bright side here, and of course there's Boobs to look forward to. I'm sure there is a special BOOBS blog. See if you can see the link on Drazil's blog. Roo will be able to tell you for sure tho. Have a good week and keep mending...let everyone else wait on you if they will as I know I tried to do too much and it made me feel worse. xx
ReplyDeleteI am too still thinking about BOOBS. I live 6 hours south of Chicago. I am hoping that after I am banded, life will quit being such a whirlwind and I will be able to put serious thought into it.
ReplyDeleteJust think, sometimes things happen for a reason, maybe the summer school thing is just a sign that you need more time to you this summer. I would love to have that option, but summer is my crazy time of the year. My juvenile delinquents are very busy when school is out!
You sound like you are doing great Janice! I would love to see you in Chicago. You can go over to the boobs site or contact Stephanie @ http://dreamsofskinnyhighheels.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThank you for all your words of support, they mean so much!
Here is a link to the BOOBS blog:
ReplyDeletehttp://sisterhoodofthetravelingbandits.blogspot.com/
The BOOBS email is:
bandofoutrageousbabes@gmail.com
It would be great to meet you in Chicago. Sorry about the teaching position, but more time to chill is priceless.
ReplyDeleteI would, at least once a day, grab a Ritz or two to chew and spit. I am a salty crunchy craver!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great!