
Pix: Wedding 21 years ago
Pix: 2 Days post op
Today is my 21st wedding anniversary. We are not celebrating by going out to dinner, but we had dinner at home instead. I fixed my husband and oldest daughter steak, the youngest is a vegetarian and had soy nuggets and I had a few sips of tomato soup. Next year we will have dinner out. :) Husband and I are going to see "Sex and the City." He is a trooper, because I know this is not his kind of movie, but he knows it is good to get me out of the house.
Day 2 after Surgery: Did not take any pain meds today and seem just fine. Finally, bit the bullet and took a shower. They had put bandaids over my incisions because (just in case) I did not want to get blood on my shirt. :) I was kind of scared to see what they looked like, but they were not too bad. Even my daughters weren't squeamish and they were the ones that took the pix.
Still am not that hungry, but I did eat more than yesterday. I'm now down eight pounds since my pre-surgery diet.
Did not sleep as well thru the night as I would have liked last night, so I'm going to try some liquid Unisom tonight. Just kept waking up every couple of hours to go to the bathroom. Again, bad bladder. Hopefully, that will get better with weight loss.
I have had more energy today which makes me feel good. Knock on wood, still no gas pains. Hope it stays that way.
I have had more energy today which makes me feel good. Knock on wood, still no gas pains. Hope it stays that way.
Also, I had a bit of good news today that I got a new full time teaching position in the fall at a new school that is opening. We just moved to the area last year and I had to start all over in the teaching field. This is not a good time with all of the budget cuts to be getting into a new position, so I feel very happy to have landed this one. I worked part time as a reading tutor last year to get my foot in the door. Yes, life is good. Now I can afford cheerleading, car for teenager and college. All of the "c" words for teenagers.
Happy almost weekend everyone!
Happy almost weekend everyone!


Janice---If you have a heating pad --use it! It really helps. Glad you are feeling better. It's funny how each surgeon has their own wound pattern.
ReplyDeleteI have been using a heating pad on my back and that is very comforting. Just this darn bladder with all of this liquid. Yep, the incision patterns are all very interesting. I wonder if just depends on what mood the dr. is in that day. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Janice,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I just had to let you know.. I'm such a ditz.. amend the oil printout lol. Its take the oil from half way down your hair to the end.. not the roots.. doh.. the frizzy bits are often at the tips of the hair not up top on our heads. Darn, now I better go amend that myself. So sorry for the mistake.
Those scars of yours will fade in no time. Do you get Bio-oil over there in the States? Fantastic stuff.. just rub a drop or two over your scars a few times a day and they will fade in no time. Keep up the heat if you need it and walk as much as you can to get rid of the gas pains. You're doing great.
Congrats on getting the new job too. Well done :)
I am so glad to hear about your job! How exciting. You seem to be doing amazing after surgery. I am hopeful for mine in 2 weeks too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are well!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you about the new job--congrats :)
Well done, good progress for the early days.
ReplyDeleteI found heat directly to my belly did wonders.
Thanks for your nice comments on my macropod pictures (kangaroo and wllabies). If you would like send me your email address and I can send you heaps more.
Stay healthy and take it slow... plenty of time to get the race underway.
It's so exciting to see you banded and recovering. I'm glad that you're feeling pretty good too! Can't wait to join you on the other side! Happy anniversary too!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great news about the job. Seems to me you're doing awesome with the band. Hope I do as well.
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot the most important thing - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary :) And, wonderful news on the job! How cool is that?! So glad to hear everything is going well.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, Janice! Glad to hear you are doing so well. I, on the other hand am having a rough time. The gas is killing me! I sure hope I feel a little normal tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteCongrats... and Happy Anniversary.
ReplyDeleteJust saw SATS and posted about it..
be well.
Happy Anniversary and congratulations on the job. Those three C's are important, ya know. Especially the car. :)
ReplyDeletehehehe
You look like a model in your wedding photo. Gorgeous!
And all sounds good with the healing - except the having to pee part. I found that unisom by itself at night wasn't as helpful as I thought but that and the lortab would make a difference. Was using liquid tylenol during the day and lortab at night...and then a week out...needed the lortab for the day, too, for just a couple days.
I know Cara recommended bio-oil (yes, we have it here if you want to get that). I've read/heard that silicon based gels are better so I'm trying something called Scar Away. It's a silicon serum. You can also get silicon pads that you just leave on for a week or something like that. I've got the serum, though - pricewise it seemed better and I like that it makes me massage the scars to put it on. Anywho. Just another thought for you, if you are even interested.
Janice - I wish you well on your journey & look forward to following your blog. Thank you for the kind words you left for me - they really meant a lot!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary and congrats on the surgery! Sorry I've been MIA but I'm back now and will be here to do this with you girlfriend!
ReplyDelete