
Okay, Edward Cullen has a liquid lifestyle and he deals with it. :) So far I'm on Day 3 of my 10 days of preop liquids. I am playing games in my head and looking for loop holes.
Day 1: Had two shakes, but enjoyed grazing at my daughter's after prom party
Grazing included a strawberry daiquiri, three chicken wings, cheese & sausage cubes
I justified this as being Day 10, so surely it was not as critical
Grazing included a strawberry daiquiri, three chicken wings, cheese & sausage cubes
I justified this as being Day 10, so surely it was not as critical
Also, had a small popcorn at the movies
Day 2: Had a slice of cake at church in the am for the children's program
Had one protein shake, then at dinner at 4 small bites of baked, skinless chicken and three small ears of corn
I justified this as being Day 9, surely not a big deal and most of the dinner food was healthy
I justified this as being Day 9, surely not a big deal and most of the dinner food was healthy
Day 3 (today): Had a shake for breakfast and two slices of whole wheat toast with a smidge of peanut butter
I justified this as I have not had peanut butter in a LONG time and it was high in protein
Do you see a pattern of justification here??? It explains a lot regarding the failure of past diets.
I have been using myfitnesspal.com and have since recorded what I SHOULD eat the rest of the day and hopefully that will keep me on better track.
I have been using myfitnesspal.com and have since recorded what I SHOULD eat the rest of the day and hopefully that will keep me on better track.
My dr. said no ALEVE (for my arthritis) until after surgery, so my body is very achy and OLD feeling.
Thanks for the tips on chewing gum for the need to chew on something phase.
Also, thanks to Linda from Dinnerland for sharing that I should be okay without a one week follow up.


I "cheated" by adding salads before surgery. I just had to chew something!
ReplyDeleteI also found that hot tea made a difference for me. In the evenings when I just wanted that "something else" to finish out the day, a cup of herbal or green tea would satisfy. Sweeten with stevia for a sweet fix...
ReplyDeleteBut I "cheated" a lot on mine - partly because I didn't know how long it was going to last and partly because I still felt the need for carbs for various reasons. And even with my "cheats" the surgeon still declared my liver to be gorgeous (yes, that word). So as long as you are cutting back on the sugar you really should be ok - that was the biggest thing I did...wouldn't even sweeten my coffee with the real stuff, was using stevia, or worse, artificial crap, which I generally can't stand to do. But I thought...for just a little while...it's ok...and as soon as I could - went back to my preferred.
Hang in there. A light is at the end of the tunnel.
ReplyDeleteTry your best not to cheat. It's only 10 days. Yes, you'll have new battles after surgery but you have to get there first. And these rules have nothing to do with weight loss or testing how long you can deprive yourself. They're to ensure your surgeon can perform your surgery and perform it safely. (And yes, more conveniently for him/her, but still.) If you're like most of us, you've been dieting for years. You can anything for 10 days, right?
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm not as nice as everyone else but I say this out of love.
Good luck cutie!
I was enjoying all of the responses until I got to Jess...tough love...and then I couldn't help but laugh when I got to the end. You are so right, what is 7 days of "good behavior?" You are so sweet! Thank you to everyone for support and good wishes. I'm back on the "good" list! :)
ReplyDeleteJust read your blog. You must be super excited for the surgery. The liquid phase will fly by, it will be worth it and loosing a little weight before the surgery makes you feel great inside. I am so happy for you that you are taking this journey and cant wait to follow you and see the picture of you in the rubber suit :-)
ReplyDeleteDo wine margaritas count as part of a liquid diet?
ReplyDelete