Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tape Measure Bought



Eeeh gads...I can't even think of the last time I took my measurements. I broke down and bought a tape measure this weekend. Haven't tried it out yet, but at least I have the tape measure. They took my measurements when I had my initial visit with the surgeon. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I do remember that I was pretty much a rectangle. Hmm..so much for the hourglass shape. How did Scarlett O'Hara ever have that 18" waist? :) She had a little help with a corset and no fast food. I remember in my thinner days my waist was 25" and I had 37" hips. I thought I was HUGE!

Got a chance to decorate the blog a little bit this weekend with the help of my teenage daughter. Doesn't seem fair that I give birth to someone who is MILES ahead of me in technology.

I have been reading all of my follower's blogs. I LOVE reading everyone's stories. They make me smile, laugh and get misty eyed! I feel very honored to have these connections. Please check out Deb's blog. She has the cute cat icon and is from Australia. She was banded Feb. 9th and is doing great. I feel very international now to have an Australian follower!

Now to try out my new signature. Is there a way to set it up so it automatically pops up at the end of each posting?

Thank you everyone for smiles across the miles!













4 comments:

  1. I forget how I set it up, but it is under your settings for postings. Isn't scary how smart they are?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice,

    You are truly an international hit! I'm also an Aussie and I'm living in the UK...So your fame is spreading.

    Like the new look by the way, it's very fetching...good word huh? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the perspective of lap-banders from all over the place! I have several from the UK, 2 from the Abu Dhabi in the UAE, three or four from Australia and several Canadians. I even have a couple of MEN lap-banders as followers! This is a wonderful community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkler, I have read your blog. I can even hear your English accent come thru as I read your posts. :) It is fun to read from a variety of people how they are doing with the band. I'm so thankful for all my followers. Most of you are fairly new to the band, so that helps me at this stage of the game. Three weeks from today!

    ReplyDelete