Wednesday, May 19, 2010


I have two bandster buddies who are getting banded May 24 (the day before me). I'm so excited to share this experience with them across the miles.

http://ellenslapbandblog.blogspot.com/ - Ellen



Check them out and give them support and virtual hugs!

Okay, Day 4 of liquid diet. Truthfully, it is getting easier. I think a lot of my eating was habitual.
I'm going to ask my doc to take a picture of my liver when he does surgery and it better look darn tiny and cute for all of this work!

Today I'm going to share a list we did at our preop class. We had to list 10 things to do besides EAT. :) "Eating while happy, sad, frustrated, bored can cause excess calorie intake and prevent weight loss. Here are 10 things I can do to combat these feelings and help achieve my weight loss goals." Then is has the hotline numbers for the two dietitians in the practice.


I could come up with more than 10 and my dh added his own to the list. :)

1. blog (that can kill a lot of time)

2. read

3. walk

4. exercise

5. Games with family

6. movie

7. play with dog (see pic above)

8. stamp

9. call a friend

10. sleep

11. bubble bath


I have added a picture of my PERFECT (not) dog above. She is a soft coated wheaten and VERY spoiled.

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. I'm following both Ellen and Vickie, Vickie and I are rooming in Chicago. Yay! It's so nice to have others who start the journey at the same time as you!
    I love your list. Sally @Sally's Journey with the lapband had several posts about how much free time she had when she wasn't eating, planning meals and thinking about eating as much anymore, so I had lot's of time to devisea plan. I think it's great that you're thinking about this now. You'll be a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dog!

    Love the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liquids are the hardest part. You'll get through it and be out of surgery before you know it!

    I had a similar list and actually carried around three photos during my very short two-day pre-surgery diet and during bandster hell. I had a photo of me at my lowest adult weight, a photo of me at my highest weight, and a photo of babies (My big goal was to lose weight so I could get pregnant naturally...hence the baby photo). The photos were so helpful. It was almost too easy to choose to do something else from the list other than eat when I saw my big fat neck eating my face in the photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dog! Only five days now? Far out that went fast. Very excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooooooo! So excited for you! Just a couple days.

    Um, excuse me, but isn't there a glaring omission on your list of things to do besides eat? SHOP of course! ;)

    Sounds like you are kicking the butt of the liquid diet. Yay!

    Happy to be following you now!

    ReplyDelete