Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3 weeks...21 days...Which sounds better???




I enjoy the blogs that share pix. Above are two pix of our Soft Coated Wheaten named Willow at the dog park. She is NEW to the dog park and pretty antisocial so far. She sits on top of the the picnic table and just looks at all of the dogs. Of course, I'm sitting on the table with her, so we make a good pair. My oldest daughter is taking videos of Willow being antisocial. :)

Wow...hard to believe surgery is just three weeks away. I had to post something today just to celebrate the three week mark!
It kind of reminds me of the time before I got married, I would tell myself..."This is the last time I'm doing this as a single woman...The last time...". Then before I had my first child I would tell myself, "This is the last time I have a date night"... Now everything is, "This is the last time I will do ____ without a band."

There is life after the band! Can't wait! (Remind me I said this when I'm week two of the liquid diet and in the middle of Bandster Hell.)

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo (the last time I go crazy eating Mexican food)... :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I was just "penciled in " at he surgeons office for May 24th. We are hoping to hear from insurance within a week. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the "other side" and believe me, you will do EVERYTHING with the band you did without it. You will even eat Mexican food - hopefully just not overeat it! I actually enjoy food so much more now. Before I would "punish" myself for overeating by not allowing myself to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be partying it up tomorrow too and it will be my last Cinco de Mayo without the band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Vickie...we will be bandita neighbors!!! You get to go first though and tell me what to expect. I'm so excited for you having a date! Then you have the long holiday weekend to recuperate!!!

    You are right Amanda...I have been eating to my heart's content before the surgery. It really hasn't been as fun as I expected. I feel bloated and tired.

    Everyone have a margarita tomorrow (banded or not banded) and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea...Cinco de Mayo and I am back on regular food tomorrow!

    I felt the same bloatedness when I was having my many "last suppers" Why I thought I wouldn't be eating that stuff again, I don't know! It will be here in a flash and you'll be on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I last suppered so much I thought I might die and ended up gaining 4 pounds the week before my surgery. That feeling of being so over full is something that I don't miss at all. I'm so glad I did this and you will be too.
    PS
    I think 3 weeks sounds better....hmmm? wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So close!! I think it's getting harder for me to be patient as it gets closer :(.

    ReplyDelete