Okay, I figured Liquid Lifestyle sounded much better than Liquid Diet...BORING!!!
I've had a busy few days with finishing up my school year. My surgery is on May 25th and I'm teaching four weeks of summer school starting on June 7th. However, I have two days of curriculum study, a week after my surgery. Only problem, is that I will miss my one week follow up. The nurse didn't seem to think it would be a problem, since it is not like gastric where I would have a port to be removed. She said I could call if I was having problems. If I'm doing fine do you think it is life or death for the first week check up? My drs. office is an hour and a half away from my work; so it is not like I can pop in and get back to the meeting.
Today is day one of the liquid lifestyle. I'm CRAVING something to chew. I miss chewing. I have had two protein shakes today and chicken broth. We are planning on going to the movies shortly to see "Letters from Juliet". I know this may be bad, but I'm planning on having a small popcorn...I figured since it was Day 10 I could fudge one small bit. How bad am I???
I did take my youngest daughter to the mall today and was able to go to the mall and not buy lunch from the food court. I LOVE the teriyaki chicken and rice dinner; so it is good to know that I can go to the mall without eating everytime. Do check out the cute purse I got from the perfume counter. So, if I give up eating, will shopping be my new addiction???
Tonight was also my oldest daughter's jr. prom. I love to see the young kids dressed up for proms. Very magical!!! I was going thru some of her pix with her good friend, and noticed that her friend had a picture of her with her mom in her dress. That is why I want to lose weight so I won't be embarrassed to be in the picture too.
Today is day one of the liquid lifestyle. I'm CRAVING something to chew. I miss chewing. I have had two protein shakes today and chicken broth. We are planning on going to the movies shortly to see "Letters from Juliet". I know this may be bad, but I'm planning on having a small popcorn...I figured since it was Day 10 I could fudge one small bit. How bad am I???
I did take my youngest daughter to the mall today and was able to go to the mall and not buy lunch from the food court. I LOVE the teriyaki chicken and rice dinner; so it is good to know that I can go to the mall without eating everytime. Do check out the cute purse I got from the perfume counter. So, if I give up eating, will shopping be my new addiction???
Tonight was also my oldest daughter's jr. prom. I love to see the young kids dressed up for proms. Very magical!!! I was going thru some of her pix with her good friend, and noticed that her friend had a picture of her with her mom in her dress. That is why I want to lose weight so I won't be embarrassed to be in the picture too.
Also, had my second and final preop meeting last Thurs. We spent another hour and a half with the dietitians, going over diet before and after surgery. They brought in a gastric bypass patient who was six weeks out from surgery. He shared his story. Then the nurse talked about what to expect before, during and after surgery. That is it for now. Next time I meet up with my doctor and staff will be at the hospital. I'm looking forward to a calmer week next week where I can catchup on blogging.
Happy weekend everyone!
Happy weekend everyone!



Your daughter is gorgeous. I know what you mean about being in pictures. My daughter had a dance the beginning of the year. It wasn't formal, but her and her friends decided to get a little dressed up. I did get in the picture, but got no pleasure looking at it. Needless to say, most of the pictures were of her alone.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very excited for you and your upcoming surgery. Just know and be prepared that it will be a time filled with ups and downs, but you CAN do it. I was SO prepared for my surgery and it seemed that everything sort of went out the window the week or two after my surgery. I wish I could say it was all sunshine and buttercups, but it is something that you can and will suceed at. I encourage you to blog everyday and let us all know how you are doing, the good and the bad and we can offer sage advice and just be a cheering squad for you if you are feeling down. Know that there is a brighter future for you! :)
ReplyDeleteI craved chewing, too! Gum kind of helped, but not really since it's not to be swallowed.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter has beautiful taste in gowns!
I am so with you on the pictures, too. I have 3 daughters, all yet to be teens, though. I rarely take pictures with them but I love it when my friends show me pictures of them with their kids. That is another reason I am having surgery, too. I want my daughters to be proud of showing off their mom, not ashamed.
ReplyDeleteYou are getting so close! How exciting :) I will be thinking of you during this liquid stage. Here's to a calm week!
This is the worst part and you are doing great!!
ReplyDeleteWow - you are getting close! I didn't have to a pre-op diet, but based on the post op I'm sure it's hard.
ReplyDeleteOn the one week appointment, I'm sure you'll be fine with out one. I actually only had a 2 week follow up.