I got this pillow when I was "skinny" and thought I was fat/fluffy. It made me feel good about myself. Silly me for not appreciating when I was healthy...still a cute pillow!One week post op check with dr. today. He checked my incisions and said they look great. I'm now permitted to take my weekly bath. He was pleased with my weight loss (which was 14 lbs. from his office). I like his scale much better. In general, he said the next 5 wks. weight loss is up to me, since there is no fill in the band. My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs. in 5 wks (my next visit) and then I will be that much further ahead in the game. My dr. told me so. :) He commented on the port site, how it is still expected to have some swelling, but looks fine. If I was going to have any problems with the initial placement, etc. of the band it would have shown up the first week, so I should be in good shape.
I met with one of the two nurses; they both are such sweeties and one has had gastric bypass and the other a lapband. She checked my blood pressure, temp, incisions and also gave me info on the "Realize My Success" website.
Finally, I met with one of the two dietitians to discuss how my "liquid lifestyle" is progressing and to talk about the next stage. We have hotline numbers to our dietitians. Then I booked my appt for 5 wks and was on the road in about 45 min.
It was also good to see fellow lapbanders who I attended pre-0p class with, that had surgery the same day I did.
My weight loss seems to have stopped the last two days. Maybe my body is holding onto everything it has. :) I'm not too worried, I figure it will slow down and kick back in eventually.
What I miss eating more than anything is MEAT! I'm a true carnivore! My youngest daughter is a vegetarian, and I have no idea how she does it.
If you are a follower and I'm not following you, please send me your blog link in a post and I will add you the my list. I have a crazy few days (I committed to a end of the school year party for 20 teenagers, 1/2 of which are going to spend the night. What was I thinking, I need to be committed right?! :) I have a curriculum meeting at school tomorrow and then house cleaning for weekend party. Should have some time Sat and Sun. to catch up on blogging.
Happy Hump Day everyone!


So glad your healing is going well! I agree, the liquid lifestyle stinks (and I'm only on day two)!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are feeling so good. I am doing better on the pre-op, but am not looking forward to the liquids after.
ReplyDeleteYou know, that was something that I thought was kind of weird with my surgeon. He said I don't need to come in for a week check up after surgery unless I'm having issues. Otherwise, the next time I go in is 4 weeks after surgery for my fill. Glad you are doing so well - 14 lbs down is awesome.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are healing nicely. I am going for my 2nd fill on Monday which is 2 weeks overdue and believe me, I need it! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear that you are healing well!! You are going to smash that 10 pound goal I just know it :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great check up! 14 pounds is awesome! I am going to my surgeon today. BTW, I am going to Chicago.. I am rooming with Tessierose! I will see you there :)
ReplyDeleteCute pillow. Glad to hear you are healing well!
ReplyDeleteRemember, this next bit of time is about healing, not weightloss. Don't be surprised as the scale bounces around. With that said, I know you will lose your ten pounds and more. Just a little effort and you'll blow it away!
Glad you are feeling good. Dont put too much pressure on yourself about loosing weight the next few weeks. This is a time for healing and taking it easy!!!
ReplyDeleteNew follower here, congrats on getting banded. I have all me consults tomorrow, I can't wait!
ReplyDeletehttp://nwanonymom.blogspot.com/
Yeah ... Hooray ... I've been wondering how you are doing, knowing that you had the banding done. I'm sooo happy for you. Wish I were there to celebrate with you. Just follow the program to a 'tee' and you will be successful, I promise! I'm sending the Daniel Steele book via post to you today. I've included some salt water taffy for packing in the box. Actually, I was hoping that Janessa and Matisse will enjoy it. It's a taste of home that is made here in Salt Lake City. I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful time I had with you and your family. Can't wait to check your blog to see how successful you are. It's a great process! Love You -- LInda
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are feeling well! Welcome to being banded!!
ReplyDelete