Saturday, June 5, 2010

Protein Drink...Blah, Blah, Blah


I'm getting so bored with liquids...I'm counting the days until Puree stage (June 10th). Anything with a little more substance sounds delish! I don't need to see pix for food porn, just the word conjures up delight. I saw the word "tomato" in a blog the other day and was in a frenzy. I imagine eating a quarter of a tuna salad sandwich, with light mayo, tomato and lettuce. I don't ask for much...just food with a little substance. I know this phase will pass, but still I had to be honest and say I'm hungry. :)

My bills for the hospital and dr. arrived.

Hospital was $18,738. The most expensive part was the implant $7,000. My recovery room (which I think is a generous description of a curtain covering a space was $1900); a lot more expensive than the Ritz.

Dr.'s bill seemed pretty reasonable at $7290 and that included preop visit and 2nd dr. assist.

All in all, still less expensive than my knee surgery ten years ago.

Overall, feeling great...just a tad grouchy due to hunger. I told my husband that he needs to drink liquids with me tomorrow to empathize. I know, I'm a mean wife right now and I have no shame. :)

Happy weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I hear ya about the hunger! I am trying to not pay attention to it. I have been eating potato cheddar soup for lunch and dinner. Thank goodness it tastes yummy. I have not received my bill yet. My portion was $55.00. Not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can empathize with you Janice! Bandster hell sucks..oh how I remember. Hang in there honey, June 10th is only a few days away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just remember, it is only temporary!
    mushies are right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mushies will be like heaven for you...it's just a little while longer. You are doing fine and can make it through this! I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on keepin' on! Five days is nothing in the grand scheme of things! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there...mushies are just a few days away

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'll all be a faded blip in time soon. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. June 10th is right around the corner! When I was in this phase I was obsessed with Food Network. I don't know why I like to torture myself, but I would watch it non stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog through the summer challenge, hope you don't mind! I hated doing the liquid part of the post-op diet. The day before my surgery my husband said that he'd do the liquid diet with me for the day, he only lasted until mid-afternoon. I think it helped him realize how hard it was for me! Don't worry ,it will pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are hanging in there! It's so cool to see on your ticker that you are 13 days past surgery. Soon this will hopefully be a distant blurry memory!!!

    ReplyDelete