First, let me preface this and say this is not my body. My body is still very round with the skin stretched out. :)My 13 year old and I were running errands the other day and she pops up with the question, "What are you going to do with all of your extra skin when you lose weight?" What's up with that? She had to have heard that somewhere, because that is not a normal question for a kid that age to think of. On the TV show, Royal Pains, they had an episode last week where a character had previously had gastric bypass. The dr. said he figured it out because she was wearing long sleeves outside in July. The character commented that her loose skin had not caught up with her weight loss yet. So I guess it is good that TV shows are incorporating WLS as part of plots. :) That is where the 13 year old got this question.
I told her I did not plan to have too much excess skin and whatever I did end up with, would surely be better than the fat. Much of it is due to genetics (on my side), age (so not on my side), exercise (time will tell on this one) and drinking lots of water (not sure if that is true or not, but it sounded good).
A shout out to a new bandster to be... Sumer...she is getting banded in July
http://lifeisbeautiful-forever.blogspot.com/
I have some blog reading catching up to do the next two days. Been busy with my other job, but I promise to catch up. :) Love reading everyone's stories!!!


That photo is my nightmare! I know it's better than fat, but STILL.
ReplyDeleteI'm also hoping skin won't be an issue.
ReplyDeleteI know...I just didn't expect this question to come from a 13 year old. :)
ReplyDeleteI probably will have some loose skin, but I'm okay with it. It is better than fat!
ReplyDeleteHehehehe..."That photo is my nightmare!" was EXACTLY what came to mind when I saw that picture!!
ReplyDeleteMy mom is very fond of reminding me of this time when I was very young (3-5) and we were showering together, I grabbed her boobs, pushed them up, and told her, "I just wanted to see what they looked like up there..."
I think she got her revenge though. Having gravity work against you since you were 10 freakin' years old certainly takes it's toll on your perkiness! Damn, I just realized my boobs are officially "adult". Three more years and they're drinkin' age!
Agree with Jen, I know its better than fat but truly one of my fears!
ReplyDeleteOut of the mouths of 'babes'-- I would always go for anything that had a WLS patient in the plot. Hoping to see more of that, b/c it is a newer segment of our society!
ReplyDelete