Friday, June 18, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award


Thank you to Jenny at http://hungrygirlsdiary.blogspot.com/ for my Beautiful Blogger award. She is newly banded as of June 9, so be sure to check her out and give her some support! I'm truly honored; my very first blog award! I felt lucky just to figure out how to blog! I'm almost more proud of my blog than I am of any weight loss. :) (almost, not quite) Hugs Jenny!

I'm supposed to tell my readers seven things about myself that you don't already know before I pass this award onto seven other bloggers. Hmmm...this is hard.

1-I used to be a lifeguard in high school and college

2-I was in the state Jr. Miss pageant when I was a sr. in high school

3-I used to model in my 20's (that did not help any body image issues)

4-I met my husband when he was my karate teacher

5-My children have me hooked on USA TV shows: Burn Notice, Psych, Royal Pains & White Collar (LOVE Neal-see pic above-it is almost a sin to be that good looking)

6-I am obsessed with reading (after surgery I read about 15 books in 20 days)

7-I work another part time job in direct sales (15 years) in addition to teaching


I'm now supposed to list 7 blogs for the "Beautiful Blogger" awards. That is not easy. I follow close to 100 blogs. I keep track of all of you on my dashboard. Generally, I try to read and comment on about 15 - 20 a day. It is a bit easier now, since I'm out of school. I LOVE everybody I follow. I truly smile, laugh and cry. Can't wait to connect in Chicago (I live about an hour and a half northwest of the city). If I could, I would list all 100 of you!!!


1- Miss Vickie http://thequeenbeeslapbandlife.blogspot.com/


2-Ellen http://ellenslapbandblog.blogspot.com/
(both Vickie and Ellen were banded a day before me, so I feel we are connected:)

3-Shelly http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/
She had gastric bypass, but still has the most awesome blog and recipes. I feel like I can cook after reading her entries. They are awesome!!!


4- Perry http://pieinprogress.blogspot.com/
She was banded a few weeks before me and is as cute as can be...must be the red hair
Plus, I always think of food when I go to her blog

5-Cara http://carasquest.blogspot.com/
She is a long time bandster, a year out. Cara is from Perth, Australia and is busy with work and her boys. I just felt connected to her at this stage of my life.


6 - Jen http://andjustwhowereyouexpecting.blogspot.com/
My Chicago Boobs trip roomie


7 - Kristen http://kris10-mylapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
She sponsors the Summer Melt Down Challenge and I appreciate her organizing it and staying on top of it.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful blogger award! Happy Weekend to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved award.

    (Pie's name is Perry. Click on the "About Me" tab on her blog and she has links to her Facebook, Flickr and other stuff. And I agree, she's just too cute. And a fellow book nerd!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats on receiving your lovely award - you deserve it!! And thanks so much for nominating me so beautifully too. I'm touched and proud. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete