Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm Back




I just got back from my business trip earlier this week. Lost a little over a pound during my trip so I'm fairly happy. The trip included a daiquiri, a margarita and more chips and salsa than I care to remember. :) It was good to get away with friends, have fun, eat in moderation and still be able to lose. Another group split this GIANT burrito for dinner! I had them hold their hands out so you could see how HUGE it was! It could easily feed six! I finally reached the 25+ lbs. lost. According to my dr. who started weighing earlier, I have almost lost 30 lbs.

My computer is a little under the weather, so I have some "checking" to do. I noticed my blog art is gone and my computer freezes every time I go to update layout. This weekend will be devoted to my husband figuring out the problems.

Got my second spray on tan Monday. They are kind of addicting at $10 a pop and five minutes of your time. My favorite part is to have a tan stomach. It has not seen the sun for several decades. A couple of you posted questions on my last post re: spray on tan. It is not sticky at all. It is a very fine mist, almost powdery. You just towel dry when you are done. I got the lightest color possible the first time and a darker color the second time. They only last about a week, so it is good for a special occasion. Grace I could hug you across the screen for saying you could see a hint of collar bone in my last post picture. I went back to look and think it is a shadow, because in real life there is no sign of collar bone yet. I loved that you commented on it though. :)

Went for my second fill today at 9 weeks. I lost close to 6 lbs. since my last fill three weeks ago (according to my dr.'s scale). He added another 1.5 cc in my 14 cc Realize band for a total of 6.5. He said each time after the fills get smaller and smaller, but the results are larger. I have a standing appt for Aug. 11th and I will keep that in the event I feel I could use more of a fill. After that it will be hard for me to get time off once school starts. I have been able to eat whatever I want. I have yet to have anything like a PB incident yet (knock on wood) and I'm hungry after meals, so I felt it was time to get a second fill. My surgeon does all of the fills himself. I like that I get to see him every visit. This time the fill had a bit of a bite (like a hard pinch). On a pain scale of 1 - 10, it was about a 3 -4. Last time I hardly felt a thing; then again I brought my camera; maybe that is the secret. It is still a tad sore, not impossible, just not as easy breezy as last time.

I have posted pix of my stomach a couple of days after surgery and nine weeks out. I can barely see the incisions. I put Bio Oil on them twice a day. I'm sure the spray tanning helps as well.

It feels so good to be back. Lots to catch up on, especially before school starts, I'm a teacher :) Plus, tomorrow we are doing our first college visit with my 17 yr. old. (*Augustana*) She will be a sr. in high school next year, but they do not waste any time these days. I will catch up on some blogs tonight. Can't wait to see how everyone is doing. I missed you guys!

16 comments:

  1. I may have to check out the spray tan idea for my daughter's wedding in October! Glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how well you heal ---and how fast the weight is coming off-

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That burrito is enormous!! I'm glad you had such a good time. Your tummy looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your scars are awesome, I can barely see 'em!! Also, I love Bio Oil. My scars aren't quite as healed up as yours but my stretch marks are definitely fading. I've even used it on my face recently. I used to think oil containing products caused my breakouts but I decided to try it anyway and it's an amazingly decadent nighttime skin quencher! I seriously love that stuff. And relatively cheap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Janice...I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Just came across your blog and wanted to say that 25lbs in 2 months is fantastic and losing weight while on a business trip...even better !! 2 thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it was really collarbone! I saw mine the other week and haven't seen it since...Haven't you heard of the elusive collarbone?!?!?! It's similar to Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster!;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was a collarbone as well! And your scars look awesome!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!

    Im the same... i have my 2nd fill next week and i get hungry after meals now... if i could erradicate that then i think it would be a lot better.

    Im to lazy to tan ahahahah :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, your incisions look great! I may have to look into the Bio Oil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're healing wonderfully-- and wow, there is a major difference in the appearance of your stomach as well.
    Doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Janice! Your scars look incredible! Or should I say, "What scars?" Where did you get this Bio Oil, never heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. First let me say that that burrito is HUGE!!! Lord I love mexican food. Anyway, your scars look great! You are doing so well on the WL front, congratulations.

    I♥Teachers. I couldn't be one but I commend you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scars look amazing. I've been using Vitamin E oil but think I'll have to switch! I nominated you for a blogger award- go to mine to check it out http://provokingpracticality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your incisions look great! I hope mine look as good as yours. I'm only 13 days post-op and they still look nasty to me atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome on the weightloss for 8 weeks. I so can not wait to hit the infamous onerderland..

    ReplyDelete