Monday, August 2, 2010


Don't you love my spray tanned orange toes??? Not! :) This was my final weight for the Summer Challenge, 185.6. I started at 199.0. That gave me a total loss of 13.40 lbs. in 8 weeks (1.68 per week). Slow and steady. I don't feel like I'm dieting or starving. I would say the biggest change for me is portion size. If I lose an average of 1.50 per week, it will take me 33 weeks to reach my goal. I know my weight loss will slow down, but still it is so nice to see light at the end of the tunnel and believe it is possible!

I don't track my food everyday, but about once a week to make sure I'm staying on track. I'm pretty boring eating the same ole, same ole...so most of the time I know the counts for what I'm eating.

A copy of my food diary for today is below.
I may skip the protein bar and/or pudding if I'm not feeling hungry

Breakfast & Snack:
Bariatrx - Protein Drink, 1 scoop (I have this about 7 am with the milk)
85 calories
Yoplait - Light Fat Free Yogurt - Harvest Peach, 6 oz. (I have this about 10:30 am)
100 calories
Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 1 cup
86 calories

Lunch (Have this around 1:30 pm)
Beef - Ground, 80% lean meat / 20% fat, crumbles, cooked, pan-browned (hamburger), 1 serving ( 3 oz )
231 calories
Daisy - Low Fat Cottage Cheese, 1/8 cup (I mix a spoonful of cottage cheese & shredded cheese in with the hamburger)
23 calories
Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 0.0625 cup
28 calories

Dinner & Snacks
Atkins Advantage Protein Bar - Chocolate Chip Granola Bar, 1 bar (This is if I get hungry and right now I am aok, so I may skip this today) - Generally around 3 to 3:30
200 calories
Ling Ling - All Natural Pot Stickers, 3 pieces (145g) - These are to die for!!! My fave!!!!
156 calories
Soy sauce, 1 tsp - Dinner about 6:30 pm
3

Snacks (If I'm still hungry I will have this around 8:30 or 9:00)
Jello Sugar Free Pudding - Vanilla Pudding Snack, 1 snack (106g)
60 calories
Cool Whip - Whipped Topping - Lite, 2 tbsp
20 calories

Totals
992 calories if I have everything above.
77 gms of Protein

Plus I drink about 12 oz. glasses of Crystal Lite Lemonade mix with water throughout the day
It was amazing to see how skinny all of my followers got during the one week I was out of town. Many of you have new profile pix up and I hardly recognize you! Way to go!

If I'm not following please send me a quick post with your blog link. I follow a little over 100 blogs and it is not always realistic to get to all of them by the end of the week, but I try to get to at least half of you. I read the blogs of my posters :) first and then get to the most recent updates of the blogs I follow. Most of the time I try to post a little something. It is such a blessing to have this group to come to and connect. No one can relate to what we are going thru as much as each other. Plus the fact that we are all charming, witty, funny and gorgeous doesn't hurt! :)
On a quick side note and NSV (NonScale Victory for the newbies) I'm no longer taking my heartburn meds. I used to take them daily for about ten years.

Happy start of a new week everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just catching up with your blog. You are doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toes look like my toes lol I did a post about fake tan today! How do we get them even I wonder? IF you figure it out, can you please let me know. Ta lol
    Love the food diary - doing amazingly well. You really are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for no more heartburn! And slow and steady does get you to the end. Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your doing a wonderful job! yay for no more heartburn!

    ReplyDelete