Sunday, July 11, 2010


I came across a new bandster, "J", who was banded June 15. Be sure to stop by her blog and check her out. http://thecurvycat.blogspot.com/

I'm having so much fun wearing clothes that I bought years ago (tad too small) and never got to wearing them. This gold jacket I bought at Coldwater Creek probably close to 4-5 years ago and never wore it. Too much fun!
My weight was down to 188.2 this morning. The fill seems to be doing its job. Plus, if you remember my last post, there still are cookies left in my house! Totally unreal!!! I do my sole hiccup/burp more often now since the fill. It could be an hour after I eat or an hour before. Totally random and loud. Just one...we call them my "hurps." Is it weird that I kind of like the feel of my stomach growling? I do feed it I swear.

I promised I would post: "Susie's 10 Band Commandments"
(written by one of the nurses in my drs. practice/she has had lapband)

I put my personal comment in "red."

Thou Shall:
1. Avoid slider foods: ice cream, shakes, chocolate, cookies, chips, fruit juice and candy.
(Hmm..I don't totally avoid them, but have them in very limited moderation)

2. Remember that your Band will not make good food choices for you...that comes from your head and heart. (Huh? What does my heart have to do with my choice??? I love me some chocolate?)

3. Chew well, eat slowly, and do not eat and drink at the same time: wait at least 30-60 minutes after a meal to drink. (so not good on this one; I usually take a few sips with every meal. I confessed to my nurse and she said a few sips was probably okay)

4. Remain on a liquid diet 24 hours after a fill. (I rock this one-Whoo, finally one I can nail!)

5. Maintain a liquid diet for 1-2 days if you have vomited. (Eeeh gads...not an issue and hope it does not become an issue)
6. No panic when you get hungry. Being hungry is NOT an emergency. Make good food choices and eat your protein first until your next appointment. (I'm pretty good at this one. Find a protein filled snack or distract myself and forget I'm hungry. If worse comes to worse, just go to bed and call it a day)
7. Remember: you've had stomach surgery, not brain surgery. All the reasons that you eat except for the physical hunger don't go away after having surgery. (So far I've been good about the head hunger...Bogart, my lovely band is a good partner)
8. Exercise daily. Almost everyone can walk, this is the best way to start. Three 10 minute walks a day are just as good as one 30 minute walk. (Now that my six weeks are up I guess I need to pick up the pace on this one. No more excuses. Does walking at the mall count???)

9. Make an appt. to see Dr. H if you have followed the above commandments are not losing 1-2 lbs. a week, are hungry between meals, and can eat larger portions. (So far so good, I'm averaging close to 3 lbs. a week. That includes the pre-op diet and rapid loss after surgery. It is slower now, closer to 2 a week. That is still faster than I gained it.)
10. Enjoy successful weight loss, resolved comorbidities and a healthier life if you are diligent in following thses simple Commandments. (Hallelujah!!! )

Happy rest of the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. you look great in your sassy jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on fitting into those clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it the best fitting into small clothes you have kept around

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for posting the 10 commandments! and congrats on the closet shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great and thanks for the post of the Band Commandments!! It's always nice to get a reminder of those things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great! Love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete