Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth







Happy Fourth of July everyone! I'm not dressed very patriotically, but I couldn't resist wearing these cargo pants that I have not worn in FOREVER! (Size 16). So far I've lost just a little over 20 lbs. I'm just 2 lbs. away from the 180's...hoping to get there before Weds. when I have my six week check up with my dr. and my first fill. Most of my weight is in my upper body & stomach. Where am I losing the most???... my legs and butt. Hopefully the rest of the body catches up. I'm like an upside down triangle.

So far in the Summer Melt Down Challenge I have lost 8 lbs. It seemed so slow, but when I look at the big picture that is 2 lbs. a week which is great. I can see why I had trouble before; it takes a lot of patience to lose weight. :)
I think the hardest part of the journey for me so far was the liquid phase; I just wanted to crunch on anything. Bandster Inferno has not been bad at all. If I'm hungry I eat a small something, so I have never really felt deprived.

Breakfast Options: Protein Drink or Cream of Wheat

Snack: Yogurt or Protein Drink

Lunch: Tuna with cottage cheese or Soup

Snack: Cheese stick

Dinner: Ground Beef (3-4 oz) crumbled, with cottage cheese

Snack: Sugar Free pudding with Lite Cool Whip


Weak spots so far...I need to drink a few sips with a meal. I can't go without liquids 100%.

Exercise starts next week and I'm looking forward to that (I think :)

Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday to everyone!

Humor for the day: Fifty-one years ago, Herman James, a North Carolina mountain man, was drafted by the Army. On his first day in basic training, the Army issued him a comb. That afternoon the Army barber sheared off all his hair. On his second day, the Army issued Herman a toothbrush. That afternoon the Army dentist yanked seven of his teeth. On the third day,the Army issued him a jock strap. The Army has been looking for Herman for 51 years.

10 comments:

  1. You're looking great in those pants. Hope you get to the 180's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, I'm totally jealous! I've been banded nearly 5 months and I've only lost 25lb's. You're doing brilliantly, I'd love to be doing 2lb's a week, but to be honest, I've been a bit less committed since my week's holiday...can't blame anyone else for that one now can I???? I think the summer is having a detrimental affect on my motivation...I've got holiday syndrome...made that up...good isn't it??? NO! gotta get back to basics. Keep up the good work Janice and don't go on holiday it's fatal...kidding...I'm sure it's not. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT Janice.. Look out 180's.. Janice is going to be blazing through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to lose 2 lbs a week. It seems so hard to believe that you need to lose 55.8 because you look great now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!!! I can really see the 20 lbs difference, honestly! I see it in the torso, too!

    Fingers crossed for those 2 more lbs and a nice fill to get you started, hun!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome! And you're right about patience - I think that's the best thing about the band - it keeps us going in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! You're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete