Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Atkins Protein Bars

The dietitian recommended these protein bars.

Chocolate Chip Granola Bar
200 Calories
17 gm Protein
1 gm Sugar

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
240 Calories
18 gm Protein
1 gm Sugar

They are pretty good when I'm on the go or traveling.

Out of the mouth of babes or teens: Earlier this week, my 17 year old told me my boobs were too big for the rest of my body. She said I looked like an upside down triangle. :)

My weight was down to 188. The lowest I have probably been in the last ten years was about 192. I was taking Meridia at the time. That stuff was potent! I would be up doing laundry at 3 am. I could lose weight with Meridia, but generally would plateau at about 20 lbs.

Speaking of diets over the years:
Weight Watcher (can't count the times, probably 7 - 8)
Meridia (5 -6 times)
Phentermine (3 - 4 times)
Jenny Craig
Cabbage Soup diet
NutriSystem
Seattle Sutton
South Beach
Atkins
Probably more, those are just the first ones that come to my head :)

That is what is not healthy...the constant off and on again dieting only to fail.

A quick aside: I was trying on some shoes I had set aside and they seemed too big; not in length but it width. They flop around on my feet. At least some part of my body is shrinking. :)

Happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. How many carbs do those bars have? I have to be careful w/ my carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also wondering about the carbs. I did Phentermine and Meridia for a while too! The Meridia did nothing for me though except keep me up all hours of the night! Great job on the weight loss, I love the gold jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choc. Chip has 18 g of carbs and the PB has 22 g of carbs. This is about the only thing I have with carbs all day. My dietitian says to keep carbs under 100 gms a day. These are the bars they recomment because they are high in protein and low in sugar.

    I know exactly what you mean about Meridia...I got a lot done though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Adkins bars too. Looking forward to being able to eat them again in a few weeks. I'd love to have some of your boobage so I'd take that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it an amazing feeling to be FREE of all those diets? Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say I've been on all those diets. And Jess is right. We are FREE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice!

    Thanks so much for your comments i really really do appreciate them.
    My dietician was making me eat 6 small meals a day and that seemed to be going well until my surgeon found out... he hit the roof and got angry at me ( :( i cried all afternoon after seeing him) and told me i shouldnt be eating barely anything, so since my first fill i dont really eat until after work, i have 1 large coffee and then a peppermint tea during the afternoon. You are the second person to say this probably isnt wise so today i brought in some Cruskits (2 crackers) and hommus to have on top.
    Thanks so much..... im finding it incredibly hard and lonely not really knowing how to handle any of this! I dont think my surgeon offers enough support.

    Im excited to read your blog!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice.. I do like the breakfast bars.. some days (and mornings) you are too tight to eat a big anything.. my doc said to try to get something in your system in the AM even if you are not hungry.. that it can really mess up your metabolism.. so the BB are the perfect fit.. those look really good.. I will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janice! Thanks for your comments on my blog. Keep up the great work! You weight loss pace is impressive.
    Best,
    Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Atkins bars are my favorites too. Even my 4 year old likes them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to try these bars. Thanks for the recommendation.

    Sadly I have been on most of those diets.

    ReplyDelete