Friday, July 9, 2010

Hello 180's - A New Decade




Finally, the 180's! It feels so good just to be in a new decade! This fill (my first) has really hit the spot. Now I know what you guys were talking about. The dr. put 5 ccs in. I was supposed to have liquids the first 24 hrs., but I really was not hungry on day 2 and stuck to liquids for the most part. I take a few bites of something and I feel like I have just had a five course dinner.
The other picture I posted for fun. :) My 17 yr. old likes to bake and made cookies a few days ago. They are still there. In a different lifetime they would have been gone by now. I've always dreamed of a life where cookies lasted in our house for a week. Mind you, I did have a cookie or two and was stuffed! Remember my new motto, "Moderation not perfection." :)
The other containers on top of the cookies are ground beef cooked with 4 oz put in each container. These are my go-to lunches/dinners. I add a tbsp of lowfat sour cream, a couple of tbsps. cottage cheese and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. I try to have things like this and tuna made up ahead of time.
I went shopping the other day to buy a necklace and ended up trying on pants. I tried on 16s (all regulars/not womens) and they all fit perfectly! It felt so good! I also bought a sweater. I"m liking shopping again. I think it is a good thing (my wallet is unsure).
Happy Summer Weekend everyone!!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't WAIT to be in the 180s!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the 80s! Such a wonderful decade. Congratulations Janice!!

    Those cookies....wow, yummmm!! That is such a wonderful thing to have cookies in the house and be tempted to eat the whole container. Proud of you! Also for the fact that you pre-plan your meals. You are my hero. I want to be like you when I grow up. This I know will be something I have to work on in a major way to get this thing right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - that is fantastic! So glad the fill is feeling good. I dream of cookies that last too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Janice! You are a superstar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you're doing so well. Ah and shopping...soooooooooooo much better than just a few months ago, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go Janice! That is exactly the number on my scale yesterday morning and I also took a picture....how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I can't wait to be in the 180s again! And that ground meat/cheese thing sounds right up my alley. I'm definitely going to have to try that! But with ground turkey, beef didn't sit well with me often before surgery, I can't guess that it's going to change much after. heh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea and planning on the containers! And congrats on the smaller pants fitting, woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete