Today was my first really BAD Bandster day! I feel shame if that helps. I loved McDonald's just a little too much today and that was the undoing to the rest of my day. It all started when I woke up and craved scrambled eggs. Did it occur to me to make them? Briefly, but then that would make a mess in the kitchen, which would require dishwashing.
So, it made sense to me since I was running out the door to take child #2 to camp, to just grab a quick bite to eat before going to the grocery store. And EVERYONE knows you should not go to the grocery store hungry. :) Yep, I'm justifying right and left. Too bad that doesn't count as exercise. My 17 year old comes with me and we order breakfast. I'm also craving meat so I order the BIG breakfast platter without hotcakes. I figure I would have the sausage and eggs (great protein that would hit the spot). I ask the 17 year old to eat the biscuit and hash brown since she normally likes those. She states she does not want my left overs and orders something else. I start out good here...eat the sausage, eggs and bring the oj with me for the road. I wrap up the hash brown and biscuit to go, because heaven forbid we throw that out. I figure my 13 year old will eat it later.
Grocery shopping aok
Early afternoon...the hash brown is calling me...I succumbed
Late afternoon ...the biscuit is calling me...I succumbed
Picking up child #2 from camp I got a kiddie size chocolate banana shake
Lettuce salad in between
Dinner tonight I ate one enchilada
I went online and totaled this all up and it is close to 1400 - 1500 calories. I know it is not the end of the world, but it made me realize how quickly I can spiral out of control.
I had my first fill a week ago and could only eat liquids for two days. The last day or two I'm starving. I have not had any stuck episodes and have yet to find anything I can't eat. I didn't want to get another fill until I come back from my business trip next week. I'm just going to have to kick my will power back into gear. Once I went a little crazy at breakfast, it all seemed to go downhill from there. Oh, if it helps to mention, I'm finally full now. :)
Moral of the story: Make scrambled eggs at home and deal with washing a pan.
I had my first fill a week ago and could only eat liquids for two days. The last day or two I'm starving. I have not had any stuck episodes and have yet to find anything I can't eat. I didn't want to get another fill until I come back from my business trip next week. I'm just going to have to kick my will power back into gear. Once I went a little crazy at breakfast, it all seemed to go downhill from there. Oh, if it helps to mention, I'm finally full now. :)
Moral of the story: Make scrambled eggs at home and deal with washing a pan.


it is scary how quickly things can go to hell, isn't it! Was just telling my nutritionist tonight how i don't trust myself one iota. and here she was commending my discipline over the past month! Anyway, as for today's food intake. what's done is done. don't beat yourself up over it. you stopped and took check. you added it all up so you're completely aware of what you consumed. and you know what to do next time to prevent it.... even if it does require dishwashing!
ReplyDeleteJanice - don't feel shame, just move on. And make your eggs tomorrow. :)
ReplyDeleteI am with Linda here! The difference is, in the old days, it would not have bothered you...don't be too hard on yourself.
ReplyDeleteI had to buy a burger for my mum as she is a real estate agent and works all hours and couldnt get lunch... when i was there i bought her a coke and she ended up giving it to me... i felt so guilty after. I havent eaten anything from the golden arches yet, i actually havent eaten any take away since the surgery and i only bought a small block of chocolate the other day which i have only eaten half... this is not like me.
ReplyDeleteI think you still need to have bad days to be aware of the good days.
See im worried im not letting myself have a little bit of bad stuff and then ill crave it and go crazy....
I dont think you should be afraid of those days....
Although when you have them i think you should still feel a bit guilty and vent and make up for it for the next 2 days.
Sounds to me like your doing really well... 1400-1500 isnt actually that bad, here in AUS that is probably still under the ammount that you would need to loose weight!
(this probably all sounded like ridiculous babble)
Don't beat yourself up AT ALL.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had my first fill I went right off to McDonald's and didn't even try to be good. I got a chicken biscuit and practically swallowed it whole. It was my wake up call. It was my way of reminding myself that I did indeed need this band in order to succeed.
It's just one day (and really not that bad) in a string of a lot of really good days you'll have. I can't promise that the lure of McDonald's will pass but I can promise that you will find that McDonald's for breakfast is exactly impossible.
The thing I love the most about my band is that I get to eat the stuff I want to eat. Food isn't forbidden. If I want McDonald's I eat McDonald's. Portion wise you sounded like you did just fine and that is what the band is there for!
Before the band you would have had the big breakfast with hot cakes, just for breakfast, not throughout the whole day, it's a learning process, what's done is done, listen to Linda, she knows! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteJanice, we all do it! I had a PMS day from hell yesterday - if you were food I was surely gonna eat ya! You have a great attitude & will pick up & move on. It happens to the best of us - but it's no longer a habit. P.S. - I make DH cook the eggs & wash the pan - hahahaha!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi! Atleast you had enough will power to not eat them to begin with! You should have never saved them!!!! ;) Then your day would have been great, well you did eat that milkshake..... :) Just joking your trying and thats what counts!!! You are doing great!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI think we all have those kind of days. And I agree... if breakfast doesn't go well, the rest of the day is such a struggle!
ReplyDelete