Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Snail's Pace







Some fun family pix from the Fourth weekend. My two daughters (ages 13 & 17). The 13 year old was in the parade (cheerleading). They were stunting in the rain which I thought was a bit scary! Then there is a pic of my oldest daughter and husband soggy by the end of the parade.

The scale is moving down, but at a snail's pace. I was at 190.2 this morning. My goal was at least 189.8 for my first fill and drs. appt. tomorrow.

I had the first comments yesterday from friends in regards to losing weight. It is funny how it happens all at once. Sometimes I think it makes a difference what you wear. I still have a tendency to wear baggy tops. When I get to 185 I will go thru my clothes and start sharing with the "Sisterhood."

I will post tomorrow after my fill. :) I'm a bit scared. I have enjoyed being able to pretty much eat anything I want without any problems. Most people seem to think the first fill makes little difference, so I'm hoping that is the case. I have a couple trips coming up and I want to keep any PB incidents at bay.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Steady goes it. You remember the story about the tortoise and the hare? You are doing wonderful. Keep plugging at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great and your girls are beautiful!
    Don't stress about that first fill. Mine pretty much left me no different after the liquid phase. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are getting there. doesn't matter really how fast or slow the pace is. as my nutritionist told me yesterday when the scale showed a whopping .75lb loss.... you just focus on doing the right thing. the scale will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll probably feel a little difference but still be able to eat all the foods you want. It's nice to get restriction slow because you can ease into the feeling of HAVING to eat slow and take little bites...rather than making an effort to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be nervous about the fill, its really a lot easier than you think. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like Jess said, Your first fill should have little effect on what you can eat but you can get stuck if you don't chew properly, eat slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant wait to hear about your 1st fill. I was banded 5/12/10 and have had 2 fills, 6.5 cc. I have been pushing for the 3rd but have to wait until 7/14. hope you have restriction. being hungry sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your fill tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete