
I feel like I'm being "edited" with my "revision" surgery. So my first 18 months has just been a rough draft. :) So what happened in September is that the tube became disconnected from my port and was just floating around in my abdomen. I didn't know that THIS was the case at the time; that is just when my lower abdominal pains began. I knew right away. I went to the OB/GYN three times, gastro dr (colonoscopy/barium swallow), neurologist...I told all of the drs. that I had lapband and none of them seemed to think there could be a correlation between the pain and the band.
September is also the month I slowly started gaining weight. All in all, I gained about 15 lbs. from September to January. I kept putting off my 18 mos. check up with my band dr. just because I was so focused on my abdominal pains and I was embarrassed by my weight gain. Hind sight is 20/20. It seems like such a "duh" moment looking back on it. I just hope if anyone else has similar concerns, no matter what their circumstances they make their band dr. their first stop. I would have saved a lot of money in unnecessary tests with the other drs.
I had my EKG and bloodwork done at the hospital lab on Sat. That is it before this surgery. No special diet, etc. beforehand. Just no food and drink after midnight the day before. My revision surgery is scheduled for a week from today. It will be good to be back on the bandwagon.
My questions for the dr:
1) Any idea why this might have happened?
2) What can we do so this doesn't happen again?
3) Approximately what percentage of patients does this happen to? I have not heard about this much. My googling on the Internet found a couple of people that had this happen. Both had revision surgery and all is fine.
From the dr. notes, it looks like I'm getting a new port and tube.
I feel more aware of what is happening before this surgery than I did initial surgery to get the band. It gives me more confidence in myself and the band...knowing what to expect.
I went to http://get.ziplist.com/ to get some menus for planning this week. I like it because it creates a shopping list when you click on a recipe you like. They had a good variety of recipes from http://www.skinnytaste.com/. It was nice because it gives calories, fat, etc.
I picked out:
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Baked Potato Soup
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
I figured I could eat a small portion of any of these dishes. They are all from Skinny Taste. :)
I'm sure next week will be a different story after the revision surgery.
Happy Monday everyone!


Good luck Janice! I don't miss my band at all and I'm sorry you are having to go through this surgery. I hope that its it for you and you can continue on your journey!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got it worked out....and good luck with the surgery! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteYummy menu plans ;-)
Stay strong lady!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you back! I was shocked to see how much 'extra' tubing was in me on the xrays (goes way down in my body and back up)...I wonder if they get 'caught on things inside sometimes'! Hope you get the newer LB low profile port (or maybe it already is/Realize). I'm sure glad for you that they figured this all out so you can get this working for you!
ReplyDelete