Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting Close








My birthday is tomorrow and I was hoping to be in a new decade (weight wise:). My weight this morning was 181. I was hoping to be at 179.8 tomorrow. That would be a good present!

I got in the habit of weighing myself on Sundays and recording it during the Summer Melt Down challenge. I decided to continue and put it on a spreadsheet. It really helps to see that I'm making progress. I lose weight so slowly, that sometimes I know I lose sight of the BIG picture.

I've lost an average of 1.6 lbs a week. I have only had one week where I gained weight and that was .2 lbs. I can definitely see a pattern of loss right after that TOM. Generally it is a drop of 3 lbs for the week. At this rate it takes me about 6 - 7 weeks to lose 10 lbs. I'm very happy with that pace.

Yesterday was my husband's bday and I asked my 17 year old to take a quick picture of us together. She responded, "Oh my, is my mom actually asking to be in a picture????" :)

Also, I have posted a picture of my toes. I had outpatient surgery to remove ingrown toenails from both sides of my large toes two weeks ago. They cauterize the nerves in that part of the nail bed so that part of your nail will never grow back. I share this only to say that I think this little procedure has a longer and more painful recovery than lapband. :) The smiley faces on the toes were just because I was bored one day.

Another NSV...our school district had a team building game of Waffle ball (similar to baseball with a plastic bat and squishy ball). I actually played and even hit the ball each time I was up.
LIVING LIFE and not sitting on the sidelines, that is what lapband gives back to you.

Happy weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    You sound like your being so structured with everything.... me im so not that structured and i need to be!

    Your looking amazing.... what a good birthday present for yourself... a new lease on life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in the picture. Tell them to keep taking lots of them. And I love your last line about not staying on the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quote at the end! "Living life is not sitting on the sidelines." I feel the same way.. I hope you get your new decade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.6 a week is great. Love the picture. Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great! Celebrate BIG tomorrow! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the WL! You are doing great. Oh how I miss Waffle Ball. I might have to strike up a game with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture & Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you from the BOOBS role call and wanted to get to know and read all the BOOBS that I'll be meeting next month in Chicago. So here I am... *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an amazing NSV, good for you for playing the game! You are doing so great. Happy Birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Miss Janice. Miss seeing you here in blogland. I hope work isn't too crazy. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there - I was just checking in too because we haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice comments Janice! I have been wondering what happened to you. I cant wait to meet you in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete