Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm Still Here







I can't believe that it has almost been two months since I have last posted. My new job, while wonderful has kept me VERY BUSY with 12 - 16 hr. days...then I have the second job as well. Working on the balancing act. Plus I have the sr. in high school (college visits) and a 13 year old who is in traveling cheer. I should be skinny just from all of the running alone. I have been trying to peek in every few days and read a few blogs. Looked like the BOOBS event was a great time!!!


I'm now down to 175.8...almost at the 40 lb. lost mark. My dog in the picture weighs 33 lbs. It is hard to believe I have lost more than one dog. :) On Oct. 25 I will be at the five month mark for my surgery. It is coming off slowly, but all that matters is that it is coming off. :)
I now wear a size 12 in pants and a medium in tops. People regularly ask now if I have lost weight. It is kind of fun to hear their comments. :) I had to break down and buy some new pants because I could take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. I bought two pairs of skinny jeans. Who would have ever thought! Sometimes it seems surreal when I go to try on things or I do a double take in the mirror.


We joined a local health club at a wellness facility. It is more like a spa/resort. LOVE it! They did a health check when I joined and I'm not in too bad of shape. My cholesterol has come down about 25 points since I lost weight. I have a two hour round trip commute each day and have been using the time to do calisthenics in the car. (tummy squeezes and butt crunches). Who knows, I may even shoot for a tankini next summer! Maybe. :)

I do not feel like I'm on a diet at all. I eat anything I want, just not that often and in smaller portions. We had a cheer competition yesterday and I had nachos and cheese and popcorn later in the day. I did not feel guilty about it and stress like I would in the past that I was ruining my "diet." This is a much healthier relationship with food. Later in the evening we stopped at a family restaurant during our long drive home from the competition. I had roast beef, veggies and coconut cream and pumpkin pie (small bites). Such a better way to live when you are not thinking and obsessing about food all of the time.

I'm very thankful for Bogart the band and the positive changes he has brought into my life.

Promise to update, read and post more often. At least once a week, instead of once every two months. :) Good luck and congrats to all the new bandsters out there. It is a good journey!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back Janice! I know what you mean about being busy. Congratulations on almost 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you, Janice! Great job on the weight loss so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janice! I've missed you...you are doing great and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Glad to see your doing well, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOow what a schedule welcome back. Ps the pictures look great..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Congrats on all of your progress!!

    ReplyDelete