
I received my surgery approval before Christmas and my surgery is not until May 25. That has given me lots of time for reflection and "open eating season." :)
One thing that is standing out is that I am an "all or nothing" person. I cannot have just one cookie...the bag haunts me from the pantry. We have tried bagging treats, like cookies into smaller bags for lunches, etc. That did not help me. I don't know if that will change with WLS. Maybe I can eat just one small scoop of ice cream and not feel compelled to have more. I have always been envious of those who can keep snack foods in their house and they can last awhile. They don't even think about the bag of chips and how it is calling their name. I can be very good if I don't take that first bite...but after that Pandora's Box is opened. Maybe I will just have to say "no" all my life or maybe I will learn better control with the band. :)


I can't keep "goodies" in the house. I just finished licorice I bought because it was just there taunting me. I think once the band kicks in it will be easier.
ReplyDeleteJanice, even with the band I find I STILL hear the haunting call of the foods I should limit.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny that those foods are the ones that 'slip' through the band no problems... they truly are evil! LOL