
I knew Diet Pepsi and I would need to part ways before my WLS. Initially, I thought I could ween myself slowly. Maybe spend a week with three bottles a day, next week two bottles a day and so on. That method was not working at all. :) I just went cold turkey and that has been much easier. I'm now six weeks out and Diet Pepsi free. It really was not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't get any headaches, which was a relief.
People say you crave sugar more when you have Diet Sodas, but I haven't really noticed a difference since quitting. Also, they say that the sodas can cause you to feel bloated. I can honestly say I don't feel any different one way or the other since stopping. Perhaps, a wee bit more tired in the afternoon, but that is about it. So far I have just been drinking water and occasionally adding a Crystal Light powder mix. It makes me feel good that I have already started and committed to one healthy habit. Now I just have exercise, and eating healthy food to go. That's all! :)
People say you crave sugar more when you have Diet Sodas, but I haven't really noticed a difference since quitting. Also, they say that the sodas can cause you to feel bloated. I can honestly say I don't feel any different one way or the other since stopping. Perhaps, a wee bit more tired in the afternoon, but that is about it. So far I have just been drinking water and occasionally adding a Crystal Light powder mix. It makes me feel good that I have already started and committed to one healthy habit. Now I just have exercise, and eating healthy food to go. That's all! :)
I have not been blogging often, just because my surgery still seems so far out and it doesn't seem I have a lot to share presurgery. My goal is to try and get two posts in a week until May when surgery is on the calendar. Meanwhile, I try to read two to three blogs a night (start to finish) so I get the FULL picture and story. I enjoy reading the blogs presurgery and after. Thanks to everyone for sharing!


I know what you mean about having a hard time finding things to post pre-band. In some ways time is going by so slow, but on the other hand I can't believe I only have 2 more appointments left. I feel like I should be doing more to get prepared. I have a feeling these next 2 months are going to fly.
ReplyDeleteYou are getting banded in June??? We will be band neighbors. It helps it to seem sooner if you start counting the liquid pre-diet stage. :)
ReplyDeleteJanice, I would love to be band buddies! I am shooting for May 21st or the 24th. Thanks for telling me about the two week approval time. I am so ready! Please keep in touch.
ReplyDelete