
Okay, two weeks out from revision surgery. Four pounds lost without much restriction. I have not had restriction for six months. I had my post-op visit on Weds. My
dr. put 3 cc in my 14 cc band. He said I probably would not feel much if any restriction yet, because generally it takes at least 5 cc in the Realize band to make a difference. He wanted to take my fill slow since my port area is still a bit swollen after surgery. The most I ever had in my band before was 8 cc and that was pretty comfortable. My
dr. has fill clinics twice a month where you can show up without an
appt. during a two hour period and get a fill. Cost is just your regular copay (mine is $35). My goal is to pop in for another fill in April. I'm struggling to feel comfortable at 1200 calories a day. :(

This is a side view of my tummy. I think my port sticks out a lot more this time, but my
dr. didn't seem concerned
about it. He said there is still some swelling, but still it never stuck out this much last time.
My dr. said he would help me submit paperwork to Realize in regards to my out of pocket costs. If my car was recalled, the labor and parts would be covered. I don't see why it would be any different for a faulty port that had a voluntary recall. We will see what comes of it, but at least I'm going to try.
We went to see the movie "Safe House" with Denzil Washington and Ryan Reynolds last weekend. Lots of action and fun! I asked my husband to get a small popcorn and he came back with a medium popcorn, because he said "it was the same price." I'm working on helping him rethink old habits. :) He has been watching his calories each day using "Fitness Pal" and he has lost 5 lbs. His 1700 calories seem like soooooo much more than my 1200.
Happy almost weekend!
Janice
Im glad you are doing so well. I'm afraid to tell you this but, the more weight you lose, the more that port will stick out! I speak from personal experience!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great, 4 lbs in 2 weeks without real restriction? Good for you!
I love the idea of a dr doing "fill clinics". AWESOME. I will tell my surgeon about this.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are healing :) Have a great weekend.
How are you doing these days? Feeling better now???
ReplyDelete