Monday, November 29, 2010

Six months plus out

I have been down to 172.2 since this picture, but it still feels so great to be inching towards the 160's!!! Over 42 lbs. lost in six months! Not the fastest weight loss in history, but I'm losing. I really have not gained over that time, just had plateaus. I feel good that I have been pretty much able to eat anything I want, just small portions. The only food I have ever had a problem with is Chinese food. I don't know why, but anytime I have Chinese food I have sliming incidents. It has happened over a half dozen times, so it is not a fluke!

Six month update
42 lbs. lost
32+ inches lost
8" from hips (that does not seem possible)
5" waist
4" bust
4" thigh (my thighs are now 22")

It is interesting how my body proportions have changes with age and children. Most of my weight is in my upper body still. I wear a size 12 pant, but generally need a large for my tops.

I'm over half way to my weight goal. I hope to lose another 40 lbs. if possible. It is funny how very few people noticed when I lost the first 30 lbs, but when I reached 40+ I always seem to get comments. It is surreal to go shopping and try on smaller sizes. Sometimes I see myself in the mirror and I do a double take.


Here is a picture of my husband and I a few years before my surgery. Hard to miss that big old double chin! Argh! Notice how I tried to camouflage and distract with the scarf near my face. Hoping to pull the eye up and away from my body. :)

Picture of me today, six months after surgery! Life is good!

I got approval for my surgery right before Christmas last year. I remember how excited and nervous I felt. I didn't have surgery until the end of the school year and I have not regretted it for a moment!
Thank you to all of my band buddies for your love and support! It is fun to celebrate each other's successes!



7 comments:

  1. Awesome job. You are looking awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, you look smokin' hot! No more double chin for you and you look years younger. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! Youa re looking GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look incredible Janice! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Great job and you look amazing.
    Onward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey My Good Friend! I haven't been checking in for a while and I'm astonished at how YOUNG you look. You look beautiful! Just like you did when you were first married. Seriously! Congrats ... thin feels so much better than chubby, wouldn't you agree? Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete