Makes 16 servings. 1 hour and 15 minutes
1 1/4 pounds Italian sausage Mild, Casing removed
1 1/2 cups celery sliced
4 pounds tomatoes
1 1/3 cups tomato juice
1 1/2 pounds zucchini cut into 1/4" slices
1 cup onions
2 1/2 cups green pepper diced
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 cups celery sliced
4 pounds tomatoes
1 1/3 cups tomato juice
1 1/2 pounds zucchini cut into 1/4" slices
1 cup onions
2 1/2 cups green pepper diced
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Brown Sausage - add sliced celery & onions and cook for 15 minutes
Drain fat - add tomatoes, juice, zucchini & seasonings.
Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes
add green peppers and simmer 15 minutes more.
Garnish with cheese and serve with french bread.... Mmmmmmm - GOOD!!
serving size is 1 cup.
serve with shredded mozzarella cheese and french bread
Per serving (excluding unknown items): 168.9 Calories; 11.4 Fat (58.7 calories from fat); 6.9 Protein; 11.2 Carbohydrate; 27 Cholesterol; 651 Sodium.
I was watching some entertainment news the other day and they were commenting on Whitney Houston's death and they mentioned her weight. I was like "whoa", when I pass on I want in my will that my weight is not published It just made me feel uncomfortable and felt intrusive.
Good few weeks. We visited my oldest daughter at college (purple shirt) before she went to do her service project in New Orleans over spring break. That will have to hold me over until she comes home in June. This is her first year away. I think it has been harder on me, than on her.
Had my second fill since my revision surgery (2/20/12). My first fill the dr. put 3 cc in my 14 cc band. He said generally with the Realize band most patients don't feel much restriction until they get to 5 cc. My fill was last Weds. and he added another 2 cc. I definitely have restriction. Amazing how a little more can make a big difference. I had a major sliming incident at our Maundy Thursday dinner at church. Didn't even think about it...just had a few bites of stew and then spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom. For the most part, I have stuck to purees, soups, etc. since then. A couple more pounds down is the good news. I still need to lose 14 more lbs. to get back to where started after my band issues.
I have started to exercise consistently at the gym. My youngest daughter and I did Pilates. I liked it better than I thought I would. My core has a loooooooooong way to go though. :) It is helpful to me to have someone to go with, so my daughter has been a lifesaver. We both agree that the steam room is the best reward when we finish! I'm joining the 8 week Biggest Loser program starting next week. I figured that would give me an extra push.
Had my second fill since my revision surgery (2/20/12). My first fill the dr. put 3 cc in my 14 cc band. He said generally with the Realize band most patients don't feel much restriction until they get to 5 cc. My fill was last Weds. and he added another 2 cc. I definitely have restriction. Amazing how a little more can make a big difference. I had a major sliming incident at our Maundy Thursday dinner at church. Didn't even think about it...just had a few bites of stew and then spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom. For the most part, I have stuck to purees, soups, etc. since then. A couple more pounds down is the good news. I still need to lose 14 more lbs. to get back to where started after my band issues.
I have started to exercise consistently at the gym. My youngest daughter and I did Pilates. I liked it better than I thought I would. My core has a loooooooooong way to go though. :) It is helpful to me to have someone to go with, so my daughter has been a lifesaver. We both agree that the steam room is the best reward when we finish! I'm joining the 8 week Biggest Loser program starting next week. I figured that would give me an extra push.
Happy Spring!
Janice


I am definitely trying that recipie... I have the realize band too and I think it took around 8 or 9 cc to get to my green zone.. I haven't had a fill for almost a year and have bounced around with my weightloss, although I did have a recent loss.. love the picture of you and your daughter.. just a delight to see!
ReplyDeleteYumm! That sounds great! You must be feeling great to be almost back at pre-revision weight! Well done!
ReplyDelete