Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blogging Overload

I think it is official; my activity to replace eating will be blogging. It may be a bit sedentary, but fun all the same. It all started when I got surgery approval before Christmas. I began googling looking for more information on Lap Band. That took me to the LapBand Discussion forum, and from there I found Catherine's blog http://chroniclesfrombandland.blogspot.com/ , and the rest was history. I am now following over 60 blogs and I'm trying to figure out a good way to manage it all with having a life (family, work...)

How do regular bloggers do this? This is what I guess I should try to be doing.

a) Check my blog daily and respond to any comments (try to create new posts 3 - 4 x a week)

b) Check the blogs I follow on a rotational basis and comment where I can (with 60 blogs I can
break it down to about 9 blog visits a day). In the course of a week I should be able to make it through most of them and start all over again the next week. My next concern is that I keep adding new blogs, it may never end. :)

The question...is there an easier way to stay on top of all of this??? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed...I'm loving the information I get, but I want to manage it better.

Thanks for any tips and advice.

Tomorrow is my pre-op testing (EKG, Upper GI, etc.) It is seeming more real as March 30 (surgery day) gets closer.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I want to follow everyone but I simply don't have time. I had to trim the fat, so to speak. I eliminated a few blogs that were either less positive or just people I don't really relate to. That's the only recommendation I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly new to this too and understand how overwhelmed you feel. Case in point, right now I should be doing some work instead of blogging, but you see where I am. Personally, I just to "blog updates" which shows me in order all the updates made on the blogs I'm following. I try to get on daily so I can usually get through anyone that has updated that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Google Reader which shows all the blogs you follow and if there are any new entries. Don't feel you have to leave comments but then that is how you get followers that leave good advice. To find the Google Reader, go to your Dashboard. At the bottom right hand corner under the blog info you will see a button to push to View in Google Reader. I find it easier to skim through the posts and then mark them as read (another button at the top of the screen). As you scroll through it will automatically mark them as read. I have removed some blogs too that don't post very often (usually remove them if they haven't posted in over a month). I'm trying to keep them under 100, but will see. See I'm on it now at work. Gets a bit addicting but the support is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete