My Family and Moi on Valentine's Day
I'm getting banded to live longer and to be a
I'm getting banded to live longer and to be a
healthier role model for my girls.
First, I want to say THANK YOU to all the blogs out there that I have been religiously pouring over since Christmas. It is my NEW obsession! If I have to give up food as an obsession, blogging at least is calorie free option. I got my surgery approval before Christmas and started "googling" lap band information. The first blog I came upon was Catherines http://chroniclesfrombandland.blogspot.com/
I read her blog from start to finish and took avid notes, jotting down recipes, travel ideas, (I am truly inspired to visit Greve, Italy)... Then I found other links to other blogs and so the blog journey began. I now follow over 50 blogs. I told you it was obsessive. :) I LOVE Amy's blog as well. http://cheeseandsunkist.blogspot.com/
I read her blog from start to finish and took avid notes, jotting down recipes, travel ideas, (I am truly inspired to visit Greve, Italy)... Then I found other links to other blogs and so the blog journey began. I now follow over 50 blogs. I told you it was obsessive. :) I LOVE Amy's blog as well. http://cheeseandsunkist.blogspot.com/
Amy is always so candid, genuine and hysterically funny!
I'm a teacher and have scheduled by surgery over spring break (March 30). My goal is to start my own blog for:
1) accountability
2) to have support
3) support others
4) develop online friends to "band/bond" with
I feel like I know many of you already and I don't want to just be a stalker/lurker anymore.
So my blog journey begins one month out from surgery. I should also admit I don't have a clue about blogging, but hope to learn along the way.
Again a BIG thank you to all banded bloggers out there everywhere! You are truly inspirational, heart-warming and just plain fun!


Welcome. There are so many great blogs to read. I don't have a lot of information to offer because I am preband - hoping to get it this summer. Time is going by so slow, but I have to go through 6 months of nutritional counseling per my insurance requirements. Oh well, guess it's a small price to pay for getting the surgery paid for.
ReplyDeleteYou should follow Jacquie of Can't Wait To Lose It With The Band blog at
http://jax0120.blogspot.com. She is due to get banded end of March also - I think it's March 24th or around that date. Good luck on your journey.
Hi Janice! Welcome! As Bonnie said, I am being banded on 3/24 and I am going crazy waiting! I am sooooo ready to do this and start a new way of life! I look forward to following you on your journey and invite you to follow mine! I'm going to Mexico for mine and the traveling after the surgery is the only part of the experience I am not looking forward to! Good luck and lets keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to Jacquie's blog. I will check it out. Summer will be here before you know it. I've been attending the local monthly support group and that has helped time go a little quicker for me. It is worth waiting. Congrats on being my very first comment! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading about your journey. I am finishing my insurance requirements this week and then will have to wait for insurance approval. Hopefully we will be getting banded about the same time!
ReplyDeletehttp://ldswims-journeytoembrace.blogspot.com/
Catherine, Amy and Gen (i heart the band) are my favorites. Catherine's was also the first I stumbled upon, I think last August or so, and read from the very beginning. Isn't she great?
ReplyDeleteI also read two others from start to finish on Catherine's list, Lise the Loser and She Shrinks. Both very inspiring.
Crngratulations on making this big bold step! I too have two daughters (babies though) and am motivated to be better for them.
Here's me.
http://thelittlebandit.blogspot.com/
I added everyone's blogs to my faves and signed up to be a "follower". I guess that is the correct lingo. LD Swims...good luck on the insurance approval. I really didn't expect mine to go thru so easily and quickly. About two weeks after all of my info was submitted I got a call from the hospital wanting to schedule my surgery. I was in shock! I received my insurance approval letter by mail a couple of days later. I'm hoping yours will be as quick. Fortunately, for many insurance companies, it seems like they have made it easier to get approval and reduced some of the hoops we have to jump thru. Good luck!
ReplyDelete